Skip to Content Top
Student Visas

Studying in the U.S. With a Student Visa

Houston Visa & Immigration Attorney

Every year, thousands of international students travel to the United States to pursue higher education. The U.S. is an attractive prospect for many students and may have caught your attention as well. If your dream is to study in the United States as a college or university student, Hira Law PLLC can help you fulfill your dream! We have a thorough understanding of the laws surrounding student immigration and can help you navigate the process with minimal delays or other problems.

Types of Student Visas

F-1 visas are the most common student visa. These visas allow a student to immigrate to the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa with the sponsorship of a qualified college or university. Students may also apply for an M-1 visa if they hope to enter the U.S. as a vocational student with a qualified vocational or other non-academic training program. The qualification requirements for student visas, as provided by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, are as follows:

  • You must be enrolled in an "academic" educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program
  • Your school must be approved by the USCIS
  • You must be enrolled as a full-time student at that institution
  • You must be proficient in English to be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency
  • You must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study
  • You must maintain a residence abroad which you have no intention of giving up

Wish to study abroad in the United States? Contact our Houston immigration attorney!

If you wish to study abroad in the U.S., please do not hesitate to contact Hira Law PLLC as soon as possible to help you begin the visa-filing process. Attorney Randeep S. Hira focuses specifically on immigration cases and is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. He has more than eight years of legal experience and will work personally on your case. Schedule a complimentary case evaluation today!

  • We Can Help Want to Stay in the USA?
    You have rights and we can help you understand them and how to make them work in your favor.
  • What You Need To Know Need a Visa?
    Getting a visa can be a complex process. We have the knowledge to help you secure the visa you need.
  • Request A Consultation Contact Us
    Find out how you can benefit from our experience and service in a case consultation with our attorney.

Contact Us for Your Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy