Skip to Content Top
Family-Based Immigration

Handling Family-Based Visas in Houston, TX

Types of Family Visas

Spouses, children, siblings, parents, and fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens, as well as spouses and children of green card holders, may apply for a family visa in order to enter the United States. Family members of U.S. citizens are given some level of preference. K visas are available for spouses and children of citizens and allow them to enter the U.S. as a nonimmigrant until their Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative goes through, granting them lawful permanent residency. The K-3 or K-4 visa must be filed at the same time as the Form I-130. Parents and siblings may file a Form I-130, but must wait until a visa number becomes available before entering the country.

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visas

The fiancé or fiancée of a U.S. citizen may also enter the country with a nonimmigrant K-1 visa if the citizen files a Form I-129F for Alien Fiancé(e). The petitioner must be a U.S. citizen and the two parties must plan to marry within 90 days of the immigrant party's entrance into the United States. Both parties must be unmarried and legally capable of marrying each other at the time the form is filed. They must also have met each other in person at least once within two years of filing the petition. Children of fiancés may enter the country on a K-2 visa. The children must be listed on the Form I-129F that is filed for the immigrant fiancé.

Why You Need a Family Immigration Lawyer

Many things are at stake when you are looking to sponsor your family members or when you desire to enter the U.S. on a family visa. If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, Hira Law PLLC can help you prepare the necessary paperwork in order to file a petition as soon as possible. The family immigration process takes time, so do not hesitate to get quality counsel and guidance. Immigrants from another country looking to enter the U.S. must go through their local consulate and can also benefit from excellent legal counsel.

Need a family-based visa? Contact us today.

Hira Law PLLC is led by Attorney Randeep S. Hira, who has more than eight years of legal experience and has helped countless clients achieve their immigration goals. Our firm is client-oriented and will always be truthful and forthright when advising you about your legal options. We always make sure that our clients understand the full spectrum of their options, as well as any difficulties they may face. Our firm also remains informed on any changes to U.S. immigration laws so that we can adequately counsel you. For more information about how our firm can be of assistance to you, please contact us today.

  • We Can Help Want to Stay in the USA?
    You have rights and we can help you understand them and how to make them work in your favor.
  • What You Need To Know Need a Visa?
    Getting a visa can be a complex process. We have the knowledge to help you secure the visa you need.
  • Request A Consultation Contact Us
    Find out how you can benefit from our experience and service in a case consultation with our attorney.

Contact Us for Your Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy