Guiding Immigrants Through H-1B Visa Filing-Process
Houston Immigration Attorneys
If you hold a specialty occupation and are hoping to work in the United States on a long-term basis, you will need to apply for an H-1B visa. With lengthy requirements, paperwork for this visa can often be complex and overwhelming. Turning to a skilled Houston immigration attorney for assistance can streamline the immigration process. At Hira Law PLLC, we are well-versed in immigration law and stay abreast of any changes in requirements. This insight enables us to identify any issues with your petition and help the H-1B visa process to move more smoothly. Turn to the firm who will give your case the time and attention it deserves.
H-1B Visa Requirements in Houston, TX
H-1B visas give individuals in specialty occupations, or those in jobs that require a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, an avenue to enter and work in the United States. U.S. immigration officials approve a maximum of 85,000 H-1B visas each year. Key elements of these visas include:
- The employee must earn either the actual wage or the prevailing wage, whichever is higher.
- Individuals with H-1B visas can be approved to work in the U.S. for three-year periods for a maximum of six years.
- Spouses and minor children of visa holders can apply for H-4 visas to gain entry to the U.S. as well.
- H-1B visas are only authorized for a certain employer providing a certain job in a certain place. If any of these factors change, the employer may need to obtain a new visa.
- Any employer who fires or otherwise terminates an H-1B visa holder must pay for that individual to return to the country in which he or she last lived.
If you would like to learn more about how we make a positive difference for your immigration case, schedule a case evaluation. This initial consultation will give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have while learning more about your legal options. When you work with our firm, you can trust you will receive the quality counsel and guidance you need. Contact a Houston immigration lawyer at our firm who is dedicated to helping you reach your immigration goals.
We Can Help Want to Stay in the USA?You have rights and we can help you understand them and how to make them work in your favor.
What You Need To Know Need a Visa?Getting a visa can be a complex process. We have the knowledge to help you secure the visa you need.
Request A Consultation Contact UsFind out how you can benefit from our experience and service in a case consultation with our attorney.