Skip to Content Top

Houston Deportation Defense Attorney

Facing Removal Actions in Houston, TX?

Visas and green cards are not permanent. Nonimmigrants and lawful permanent residents must maintain an excellent criminal record and driving record in order to remain in the country. Nonimmigrants must also comply with the terms and duration of their visa or else face immigration detention and deportation. Immigrants who commit a crime of moral turpitude—sex crimes, drug crimes, federal crimes, etc.—will be discovered, detained, and removed from the country. If you or someone you love is facing removal proceedings, Hira Law PLLC can help.

Need a deportation defense lawyer in Houston?

Hira Law PLLC stays informed about the ever-changing immigration laws and is always able to skillfully defend the rights of our clients. If you have been wrongfully accused of a crime or other visa violation, we can build and present a strong defense. Detention and bonds can be a confusing process, but we can help get you or your loved one out of detention when bond is posted and represent you at your immigration hearing. With our help, you could convince the immigration judge that you do not deserve to be deported. We can also help you file Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal if you entered the U.S. without a visa, but did so to escape persecution in your country of origin to seek asylum in the United States.

Deportation defense strategies the firm can use include:

  1. Status adjustment: One of the fastest ways to make it so the DHS does not consider you an illegal alien is to adjust your immigration status. Even if you are not considered a resident or citizen, you may be able to quickly shift from nonimmigrant to immigrant and stay in the states longer.
  2. Asylum: If you have fled your country of origin out of fear of prosecution or physical harm, you should be protected under asylum laws, allowing you to earn a work permit to stay in the States and most likely a green card later on. If the danger of your home country is not readily obvious to the DHS, you may still be able to apply for withholding of removal. There are also other specific asylum acts that may be pertinent your situation, such as Convention Against Torture, Violence Against Women Act, and NACARA (Life Act).
  3. Cancelation of removal: If you have stayed in the United States for more than 10 years, whether you were a legal immigrant or a nonimmigrant alien, you may move to have your deportation canceled if you can show that your removal would cause undue hardship to someone in your immediate family who is a citizen or permanent resident.
  4. Deferred action: You can put your case on hold while you attempt to set things right. This is generally granted if you are going to be deported for your criminal record but you want to be able to clean it up, perhaps through expungement. You will need a trusted immigration law attorney to convince the DHS that they should pause or othewise suspend your case.
  5. Voluntary departure: If there appears to be no chance of stopping the DHS’s deportation procedure, you may be able to at the very least convince them to allow you to voluntarily depart the United States. This is somewhat like a plea bargain in a criminal defense case, as it is a way of adhering to what the government wants without putting negative stigma on your record.

Protect your right to the American Dream. Contact us today!

Hira Law PLLC can offer the personal attention and high-quality service that you need in order to win the best possible outcome for your removal case. Attorney Randeep Hira has more than eight years of legal experience and has handled countless immigration cases. He is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and will handle your case himself. Do not hesitate to schedule a case evaluation to learn more about what we can do for you. Contact us right away!

  • We Can Help Want to Stay in the USA?
    You have rights and we can help you understand them and how to make them work in your favor.
  • What You Need To Know Need a Visa?
    Getting a visa can be a complex process. We have the knowledge to help you secure the visa you need.
  • Request A Consultation Contact Us
    Find out how you can benefit from our experience and service in a case consultation with our attorney.

Contact Us for Your Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy