Handling Business Immigration Cases in Houston

Immigration to the U.S. for Employment Purposes

The United States gains much of its business from foreign businesses and investors. If you are looking to conduct business within the U.S. and need a nonimmigrant or immigrant visa, a Houston immigration lawyer from Hira Law PLLC can help. Our firm understands the intricate laws and requirements for business immigration and can help you determine which option is available for you. We can also help you through each step of the difficult application process in order to ensure that obtain the visa that you need.

Nonimmigrant Business Visas

Anyone seeking temporary entrance into the U.S. for commercial or professional activities can apply for a B-1 “Temporary Business Visitor” visa. Other temporary worker visas include treaty trader and treaty investor visas, agricultural visas, intracompany transfer visas, athlete visas, performer visas and student visas. Each of these has its own requirements, so be sure to consult an attorney to help you learn which option is best for you.

Immigrant Business Visas

Permanent worker visas are available for those who are looking to immigrate permanently with the sponsorship of a U.S. employer (or without, in select cases). There are five preference categories for permanent worker visas, which are as follows:

  • EB-1 Visas
    This type of visa is reserved only for those who can demonstrate that they possess extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics; it is also available to outstanding professors or researchers and multinational executives and managers.
  • EB-2 Visas
    The EB-2 visa is for members of the professions who hold advanced degrees or for those who possess exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business.
  • EB-3 Visas
    The EB-3 visa is available to certain professionals, skilled workers, and other workers.
  • EB-4 Visas
    This category of visa is available to wide variety of types of applicants who are referred to broadly as "special immigrants," including certain religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, retired employees of international organizations, alien minors who are wards of courts in the U.S., and other classes of aliens.
  • EB-5 Visas
    Also referred to as the "immigrant investor visa," the EB-5 visa is for business investors who are coming to this country to invest $1 million or $500,000 (if the investment is made in a targeted employment area) in a new commercial enterprise that employs at least 10 full-time U.S. workers.

Need help with your business immigration case? Contact us today!

Do not hesitate to speak with a lawyer from Hira Law PLLC if you are looking to enter the U.S. on business, or for employment purposes. We regularly handle employment-based immigration cases and remain informed on any recent changes to immigration law. These laws change constantly and we are always able to keep our clients informed of their options. Get the personal attention of a capable attorney by retaining an immigration attorney from our firm today. Attorney Randeep Hira has more than eight years of legal experience and focuses on honest and straightforward counsel. We never make promises we can’t keep. Contact us today to learn more about your options for business immigration!

Internet Marketing Experts

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.